Monday, October 4, 2010

Newly Sharpened Pencils and Hard Work

The new school year has started! I went shopping with my mom and little brother for his new school supplies. He is in 9th grade now, he was picking out his notebooks, pencils and backpack. Now to him school starting is a death sentence. I remember feeling that way. Summer was over and so was my fun.

Oh my how my attitude has changed. I was SO jealous that he got to get new pencils, notebooks and supplies. I am so jealous that he has school for free and gets to go learn all day. I miss it so much. I miss having papers to write, tests to study for and books to read. I miss taking notes on a lecture and that feeling you get when you finally catch on to that math principle your teacher has been talking about for days. I miss having a book to read and then report on. I miss having homework and having to study.

I watch my husband, who is working so hard for us, do his school work and I am so fascinated by his classes. I want to know what he is learning and discussing in his classes. I want to help, (even though I have NO clue how to help).

But the real reason I wanted to post was to tell my sweet Jason how much I appreciate what he is doing for us. He works so hard every night on his school work, after working 8 hour work days. To me there is no better way to create a good stable future for us than an education. I am so blessed to have a husband who is willing to work so hard to provide and to plan for our future. I want to thank him and make sure he knows all of his hard work does not go unnoticed. Jason, I am so proud of you and I love you so much. I know he doesn't always understand my jealousy but he is so sweet to talk to me about school and let me help when I can. I love you Jason!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!! We obviously view education as important since we went to school for so long!!
    What a sweet post! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete